Dr. Jin Xuan Assistant Professor
School of Engineering & Physical Sciences, Institute of Mechanical, Process & Energy Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, UK
Office: JN 2.16
Phone:+44 (0)131 451 3293
Research Profile: https://researchportal.hw.ac.uk/en/persons/jin-xuan
Dr. Jin Xuan obtained his PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering from The University of Hong Kong in 2012. He was a Faculty member in East China University of Science and Technology and a visiting researcher in The University of Hong Kong and City University of Hong Kong during 2012-2014. In 2014, he moved his academic career to U.K., taking his current position in Heriot-Watt University as Assistant Professor.
Dr. Xuan’s research interests include microfluidics, microreactor and micro-systems for energy and carbon conversion via novel chemical, electrochemical and photocatalysis reactions. He has published 1 edited book, 60+ journal papers (a number of which are Invited Article, ‘ESI 1% Highly Cited Papers’, ‘Top 25 Hottest Articles’ and ‘Most Accessed Articles‘), 50+ conference papers, filed 10+ US, international and Chinese patents, and delivered 6 invited speeches in conference. He is Specialty Associate Editor of Frontiers in Environmental Science, Guest Editor of Micro and Nanosystems, and reviewer for 20+ leading journals such as Journal of Power Sources, Electrochemistry Communications & International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
- Wang B, Lu XY, Yu LK, Xuan J, Leung MKH, Guo H, Facile synthesis of TiO2 hollow spheres composed of high percentage reactive facets for enhanced photocatalytic activity, CrystEngComm, 2014, 16, 10046-10055.
- Lu X, Leung DYC, Wang H, Leung MKH, Xuan J*, Electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide to formic acid, ChemElectroChem, 2014, 1: 836-849.Wang H, Gu S, Leung DYC, Xu H, Leung MHK, Zhang L, Xuan J*, Development and characteristics of amembranelessmicrofluidic fuel cell array, Electrochimica Acta, 2014, 135: 467-477.
- Wang B, Zhang H, Lu X, Xuan J, Leung MKH,Solar photocatalytic fuel cell using CdS-TiO2 photoanode and air-breathing cathode for wastewater treatment and simultaneous electricity production, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2014, 253: 174-182.
- Xu J, Zhang L, Xu H. Zhong J, Xuan J, Experimental investigation and visual observation of loop heat pipes with two-layer composite wicks, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2014, 72: 378-387.
- Zhang H, Xuan J*, Xu H, Zhang L, Leung DYC, Leung MKH, Wang H, A numerical study on a reversible microfluidic cell for bifunctional application of power generation and energy storage, Energy Procedia, in press.