Dr. Mahmoud Nazeri Research Associate
School of Engineering & Physical Sciences, Institute of Mechanical, Process & Energy Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, UK
Office: JN 3.04
Phone: +44 (0) 131 451 3299
Mahmoud Nazeri is research associate at Research Centre for Carbon Solutions, Institute of Mechanical, Process and Energy Engineering (IMPEE) at Heriot-Watt University since May 2015. Currently, he investigates the performance of Coriolis Flowmeters in the transportation of high CO2 content fluid mixtures with the emphasis on the impact of captured impurities by various CO2 capturing technologies on the accuracy of flowmeters. He is interested in the measurement and modelling of thermophysical properties of fluids at high pressure high temperature (HPHT) conditions, CO2 transport, injection and storage, multiphase flow measurement and flow assurance. He published so far seven articles in peer-reviewed journals and presented 6 papers in the international conferences. He also has seven years experiences working in the oil and gas industries as process engineer. He holds PhD in petroleum engineering from Heriot-Watt University in 2015 (with full-funded scholarship sponsored by JIP: Joint Industrial Project) and BSc in Chemical Engineering from University of Tehran in 2003.
- Nazeri, M., Chapoy, A.,Valtz, A., Coquelet, C., and Tohidi, B., “Densities and derived thermophysical properties of the 0.9505 CO2+0.0495 H2S mixture from 273 K to 353 K and pressures up to 41 MPa” Fluid Phase Equilib., vol. 423, pp. 156–171, Sep. 2016. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378381216302175
- Lin, C.-W., Nazeri, M., Bhattacharji, A., Spicer, G., and Maroto-Valer, M.M., “Apparatus and method for calibrating a Coriolis mass flow meter for carbon dioxide at pressure and temperature conditions represented to CCS pipeline operations” Appl. Energy, vol. 165, pp. 759–764, Mar. 2016 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306261915015925
- Chapoy, A., Nazeri, M., Kapateh, M., Burgass, R. W., Tohidi Kalorazi, B. & Coquelet, C. “Thermophysical Properties and Phase Behaviour of a CO2-Rich Natural Gas”, 1 Jan 2014 GPA Annual Convention Proceedings. Gas Processors Association, p. 601-628 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/264037944_THERMOPHYSICAL_PROPERTIES_AND_PHASE_BEHAVIOR_OF_A_CO_2_-RICH_NATURAL_GAS
- Nazeri, M., Maroto-Valer, M. M., Jukes, E., Performance of the Coriolis flowmeters for metering of CO2 with impurities, accepted abstract in GHGT-13 (Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies) conference 14th – 18th November 2016, Lausanne Switzerland.
- Nazeri, M., Maroto-Valer, M. M., Jukes, E., The fiscal metering of transported CO2-rich mixtures in CCS operations, accepted abstract in 34th International North Sea Flow Measurement Workshop 2016, 25th – 28th October 2016, St Andrews, Scotland. http://www.tuvnel.com/assets/content_images/NSFMW_2016_Info29jun.pdf